EDMW RO
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lord Knight: A fairly decent guide (to be updated as follows)

3 posters

Go down

Lord Knight: A fairly decent guide (to be updated as follows) Empty Lord Knight: A fairly decent guide (to be updated as follows)

Post by soukai Thu 29 Nov 2012, 1:46 am

Harloe fellow edmw-ers,

I have taken the liberty to personally do the LK builds. Mainly because i feel that out of all the job classes, I like my agi spear knight build the most because i specialized in pve or pvm however you want to call it (as novelty builds were not as unforgiving as in pvp).

Here, I will do my best to give a breakdown of the different possible main builds of the Lord Knight, a lot of which will be plagiarized by referencing the builds available in Ratemyserver (and choosing the optimal ones), only because the people who posted them have significant testing experience compared to me.

Please note that for the stat distribution - i'm referring to TOTAL stat points accumulated from both your base and bonus stat points. If you wish to know how to manage your stats (i.e. what cards to hunt such that you don't need to always go for 99 base stats), let me know, i can update this post with the relevant information needed.

Lastly, this is my first time writing a guide. lol. Without further ado, the builds:

PvM - 2H-Quicken and Parry
This is the bread and butter build for fighting monsters, but not so good for pvp because it is weak against magic attacks. The minimum main skills necessary are (with pre-requisites included):
Swordsman
Lvl 10 Increase Hp Recovery
Lvl 10 2H-Sword Mastery / Swordsman
Lvl 10 Bash / Swordsman
Lvl 5 Provoke / Swordsman
Lvl 5 Magnum Break / Swordsman (Pre-req for Aura Blade)
Knight
Lvl 10 2H-Quicken / Knight
Lvl 10 Bowling Bash / Knight
Lord Knight
Lvl 10 Parry
Lvl 5 Aura Blade
Lvl 5 Concentration (increase in dmg received is offset by Parry)
Total Jlvls = 40 (Swordie) -> 20 (Knight) - > 20 (Lord Knight)
Optional skills include: At least lvl 3 Endure (recommended to have), lvl 1 Riding + lvl 5 Cavalry Mastery (Peco is always cool), lvl 5 Head Crush (really optional),

As you can see, this build doesn't even utilize more than half the skills available when you're a Knight. So it is definitely okay to pick up a Peco for riding. You can even consider keeping a spear in your inventory for times when you go up against single large sized monsters and use Pierce (not Clashing Spiral) to triple-hit them for huge damage. You can also find the heaviest spear and use Clashing Spiral as an alternative for crowd control (Bowling Bash is enough though imo). So, to this effect, this build is highly efficient and you can test out other skills you might want to try. Very good for beginners wanting to learn how to play a LK.

[b]Stat-wise

STR: 110 - 130
AGI: 60 - 80
VIT: 30 - 50
INT: 1
DEX: At least 60 (to hit the high lvl monsters)
LUK: 1
Please remember that stat points get additional bonuses per every 10 points put in.
However, this does NOT mean that the additional bonuses is not fixed at the same point for every stat. For example, STR gets bonus dmg when you hit 10, 20, 30, all the way to 110, 120, 130. So the bonus is given when you hit those points.
For INT, it's a different case. If i remember correctly, the bonus magic dmg is achieved at 8, 18, 28.... 88, 98, 108. It is still the same concept, but the 10 points bonus is applied at a different starting number compared to STR.
It is very easy to test this, every point you add into the stat, you start counting from when you see a significant increase. In STR (and also for DEX), you will see a significant flat increase when you go from 9 to 10, or 19 to 20, etc. For INT it will be from 7 to 8, or 17 to 18, etc. For AGI, it could be a different point (forgot where it is exactly for this one).

Equipment:
I don't like to tell people what to use for their armor, but there will always be the ideal set of armor to cater to different jobs. To that effect, you should be able to tell which cards you shld be looking for in general to slot into your equipment if you are unable to get what you need. I will definitely state alternatives to certain rare equipment so if you can't get what is ideal, no need to fret.

soukai
Poporing

Back to top Go down

Lord Knight: A fairly decent guide (to be updated as follows) Empty Re: Lord Knight: A fairly decent guide (to be updated as follows)

Post by SOLIDARITY Fri 30 Nov 2012, 2:30 pm

For the 2h quicken + parry build, you can get 190 aspd with 1 agi berserk. So, I wouldn't add agi if I plan to normal attack.
The only time I would add agi is when I'm Bowling Bash/pierce, as both of them benefits from the higher aspd.

For PVP, LKs normally go for bowling bash as it dishes out the most damage. However, the damage is easily outdamaged by other classes so LKs don't make very good damage dealers in pvp.
The only good thing I like about LK is that they can eat asuras due to their high hp (not really do-able with a bowling bash lk, due to less free points to add into vit).

LK's most useful role in WoE would be to be a status spreader imo. Take some random 4 slotted pike, put in 4 random status cards, and go brandish spear in the enemy stack. This way, you can go 99 vit which allows you to eat asuras as you do not need to add str for damage.
The only time I can think of a LK dishing out damage in WoE is if you have a team of Bowling Bash LKs, like >5 rushing into the enemy at the same time.

I'm not very good at writing stuff so some part may seem unclear, so feel free to ask questions and i'll try my best to answer.

Lastly, as a LK, you should try to learn to Bowling Bash dance. It makes your BB a lot faster by cancelling the animation delay.

SOLIDARITY
Poring

Back to top Go down

Lord Knight: A fairly decent guide (to be updated as follows) Empty Re: Lord Knight: A fairly decent guide (to be updated as follows)

Post by soukai Fri 30 Nov 2012, 3:02 pm

Thanks Solidarity. I am only familiar with the PvM aspect for LK. So I wanted to get a 2nd input on how a LK plays in WoE/PvP.

The 4s. Pike with status cards, why do you use brandish spear and not spear boomerang for example? If spear boom applies the status effect as well, then the range is a bonus and alternative to rushing toward the enemy. It would force them to cast an extra pneuma or 2, which gives other guildmembers a chance to take them down too.

Theorycrafting is funnn. Thanks!

soukai
Poporing

Back to top Go down

Post by SOLIDARITY Fri 30 Nov 2012, 6:28 pm

soukai wrote:Thanks Solidarity. I am only familiar with the PvM aspect for LK. So I wanted to get a 2nd input on how a LK plays in WoE/PvP.

The 4s. Pike with status cards, why do you use brandish spear and not spear boomerang for example? If spear boom applies the status effect as well, then the range is a bonus and alternative to rushing toward the enemy. It would force them to cast an extra pneuma or 2, which gives other guildmembers a chance to take them down too.

Theorycrafting is funnn. Thanks!

Boom will be when you scared to rush in. I prefer a LK rushing into enemy stack to brandish with status pikes. Feels more manly that way. :X If want long ranged status-er, snipers can do better.

SOLIDARITY
Poring

Back to top Go down

Post by awholenewworld Sat 05 Jan 2013, 12:10 pm

Lord Majestic Goat
s.sunnies
Gentleman's pipe
glorious suit
combat knife
Glorious shoes
Glorious Muffler
Glorious ring / S.Rosaries/Waterdrop Brooch + 2 Alligator
Valkyrie Shield + Thara frog

awholenewworld
Poring

Back to top Go down

Post by SOLIDARITY Sun 06 Jan 2013, 3:42 pm

If you wanna go full tank, you can use blush of gloom instead of sunnies.
Bradium shield works pretty well too, 500hp vs 20% resist to elements which you will not die to.

SOLIDARITY
Poring

Back to top Go down

Post by awholenewworld Mon 07 Jan 2013, 12:53 pm

More resists is definitely good...Very Happy
Especially SG pre-cast...
Yeah, just noticed Blush is better than s.sunnies.

awholenewworld
Poring

Back to top Go down

Post by SOLIDARITY Tue 08 Jan 2013, 1:16 pm

If for BG I'd say get both shields. The 500 hp might benefit more in BG due to the lack of good hwiz+bragi on same team.

SOLIDARITY
Poring

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down